Director/Deputy Director : Cuyahoga County Board of Elections
The Cuyahoga County Board of Elections is seeking applicants for the position of Director/ Deputy Director. Click for the details and application forms…
The Cuyahoga County Board of Elections (CCBOE) is accepting applications for the position of Director/Deputy Director of the CCBOE. These positions are responsible for preparing and conducting all elections held throughout Cuyahoga County. The Director and Deputy Director oversee all operations involved in the election process in accordance with Title 35 of the Ohio Revised Code, policies and procedures of the State of Ohio and federal election laws. Additionally, the Director/Deputy Director’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the management of an annual budget; enforcing board policies on purchasing, personnel and legal matters; staffing, training and election planning for a public agency. The Director/Deputy report to a four member bi-partisan board. The Director/Deputy Director must be a resident elector of Cuyahoga County within thirty (30) days of employment. Applicants may apply for either the position of Director, Deputy Director or both positions.
Deadline to submit an application is 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday February 26, 2019.
Director : Darke County Board of Elections
The Darke County Board of Elections is seeking applicants for the position of Director.
The Director serves at the pleasure of the elections board. The below list of minimum
qualifications may not be exhaustive.
- Operating voting machines used in the county and other automated office equipment.
- Managing a successful and efficient database.
- Using, understanding and applying election law terminology.
- Knowing the basics of Ohio’s “sunshine laws” governing open meetings and public records.
- Receiving and implementing assignments and instructions from board members and Secretary of State’s office.
- Effective written and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with the handling of budgets and public appropriation of funds.
- Ability to perform duties assigned by the law, the county board of elections, and/or the Secretary of State.
- Ability to convey or exchange information, including giving and managing assignments or direction to board personnel.
- Ability to adapt and to perform in a professional manner under stressful or emergency situations.
- Ability to comprehend a variety of informational documents.
- Ability to conduct self at all times in a professional and courteous manner.
The Darke County Board of Elections is an equal opportunity employer.